8 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 12:49 PM by Chetna Srivastava

Error message when I try to access Lightroom help

Old Runner Level 1

Hi,

When I tried accessing Lightroom help just now I got this message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

helpx.adobe.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Old Runner,

Seems like your internet settings are blocking this site from being accessed.

Which version of Lightroom do you have?

Which operating system: Windows or Mac?

Which browser is set as default?

What if you open this Lightroom help link directly in that browser: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Help  ?

Regards

Chetna

• 2. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
            Old Runner Level 1

Hi Chetna,

I have the latest Lightroom CC. Windows 7I get the same error message with Chrome (default), I.E. and Foxfire

What if you open this Lightroom help link directly in that browser: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Help  ? I get the same error message. 

Thanks,

Ken

To: Ken Blumberg <sarahken02@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:27 PM

Subject:  Error message when I try to access Lightroom help

created by Chetna Srivastava in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionHi Old Runner,  Seems like your internet settings are blocking this site from being accessed. Which version of Lightroom do you have? Which operating system: Windows or Mac? Which browser is set as default?  What if you open this Lightroom help link directly in that browser: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help

Lightroom Help  ? Regards Chetna  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8729819#8729819 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8729819#8729819 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
              Old Runner Level 1

I haven't gotten an answer of any kind. How can I contact Adobe?

• 4. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
                Old Runner Level 1

How can I contact someone from Adobe? 

To: Ken Blumberg <sarahken02@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:27 PM

Subject:  Error message when I try to access Lightroom help

created by Chetna Srivastava in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionHi Old Runner,  Seems like your internet settings are blocking this site from being accessed. Which version of Lightroom do you have? Which operating system: Windows or Mac? Which browser is set as default?  What if you open this Lightroom help link directly in that browser: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help

Lightroom Help  ? Regards Chetna  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8729819#8729819 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8729819#8729819 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 5. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help

Follow the below steps:

• Go to Internet Settings > security tab
                  • Click on trusted sites > choose Sites
                  • Type *.adobe.com under "Add this website to the zone:" > click on Add
                  • Uncheck "Require server verification for all sites"
                  • Click on Close > Apply the changes
                  • Relaunch your web browser and then, check if you are able to access that link

If you need call/chat support, you can do so through this link: Contact Customer Care 

• 6. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
                    Old Runner Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. "adobe.com" isn't the problem. "Https:/helpx.adobe.com" (which I also listed as a trusted site, with no success) is what I can't access. That means that not only can I not access LR help but I can't access customer care in general. Would you be able to provide me with a tech support phone number?  Thanks

• 7. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help
                      Old Runner Level 1

HI Chetna,

I think the problem is solved.

I found the number for Adobe Support. The agent suggested it might be an anti-malware issue.

I called Bitdefender support - they had me disable "scan ssl" under "Web Protection."  and I'm back in business.

Now all I have to do is remember why I needed help in Lightroom.

Thanks for your effort to help.

• 8. Re: Error message when I try to access Lightroom help

You're welcome.

Glad to know you got it sorted.