1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2016 6:13 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 13 - Display Driver error

renev18012408 Level 1

I have been trying to open Premiere Elements 13. I have read the posts on deleting the baddrivers.txt. I have done this dozens of times, but it remains an issue.

The problem seems to have happened after I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10.

I have un installed and reinstalled both the graphics card drivers and the program itself several times. After no success I was able to find some older drivers, which I installed, and it seemed to fix the problem.

However after only two days of the program working, it has started the same problem again.

"We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver."

I have tired what suggested here, although its an older version, its the same issue.

Error "Incompatible display...update your display driver" | Windows

None of the suggestions work. Adobe "support" no longer offer chat support for Elements 13. Great service that is, fat chance I am going to upgrade now.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have a solution?

AMD R9 200 series. Driver version 15.300.1025.1001

Installing the able drivers was all I could do to get it to work. Drivers 16.3.2 didn't work.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Display Driver error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The only solution that works -- and it virtually always works is:

a) Go to the AMD site and ensure you have the latest driver for your graphics card; and

b) Delete the baddriver.txt file from c://ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0 (or, if you have more than one version of Premiere Elements installed, from ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements)

That does it. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what else to recommend.