• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install LR6

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently decided to drop my CC membership for LR and PS, I bought a full stand-alone disk and licence for LR6.

I duly installed it leaving my existing LR CC in place. When the install was finished, I tested it and even edited a few files. Now that I was sure it was working I went ahead and uninstalled CC LR using an app uninstaller. I now realise that I should have used the built-in uninstaller.

So CC LR was uninstalled but so was my LR6 (stand-alone). I now get the error code 16, some helpful people have directed me to this web page Configuration error 16 | CC, CS unfortunately when I follow these instructions both the SLStore or Adobe PCD folders are missing completely.

Since then needless to say I have tried to reinstall from my disk many times but still get the same error message as shown below. Next I reinstalled CC desktop application and downloaded and installed CC LR but now this too fails on launch with the exact same error message.Screenshot 2016-04-25 17.47.35.png

I have spent quite some time trying to contact Adobe directly, even by telephone but all to no avail.

Don't know what to try next, any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

I'm all sorted, thank you so much 99jon I was beginning to despair that I would ever get the problem fixed. Adobe chat were very patient (it took about 50 mins) while I carried out their instructions and all in all very helpful

Thank you again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest running the CC cleaner tool on Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Use the link below and install LR6.0 first and validate with your serial number. Then download the LR6.5.1 update

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I had not heard of the CC cleaner tool before.

Unfortunately after following the instructions I still get the same error message as above.

This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are still getting problems. I suggest you contact Adobe directly from this forum on the web. Click the link below using a browser that accepts cookies and allows popups and ensure you are signed-in with your Adobe ID. Wait for the blue button to appear, and click “Still need help? Contact us” Ignore the suggested links to try, which will take you full circle back to this forum. Go straight to the blue button at the bottom. Wait for the next page to load and click in the white area to start chat.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm all sorted, thank you so much 99jon I was beginning to despair that I would ever get the problem fixed. Adobe chat were very patient (it took about 50 mins) while I carried out their instructions and all in all very helpful

Thank you again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines