5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2006 8:49 AM by quizkiwi

    DCR / Browser Issues

    jjones5551919 Level 1
      Hello and thanks in advance for any insight in to this problem.

      I am currently attempting to load a particular DCR file through embedded in a web page through Internet Explorer. The Macromedia Shockwave logo comes up (where it would usually start the loading progress bar) and does absolutely nothing. I have the most current version of Shockwave Installed, and this does not happen with other DCR files in the same environment. When I use FireFox and access the same page, the DCR loads and executes perfectly. I hope I am not being to vague here, but if anyone had anything to offer I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: DCR / Browser Issues
          lip9871
          This may sound kind of dumb, but that happened to me recently when I accentally uploaded my .dir file instead of my .dcr file.
          • 2. Re: DCR / Browser Issues
            Level 7
            Are your object and embed tags in the HTML are pointing to the same files?

            Many Web servers use case-sensitive filenames (thisfile.dcr <> thisFile.dcr).
            Does the object tag use the correct capitalization for your filename?

            Emptied the cache lately?

            Does it work if you upload the html file generated by Director and view that
            in MSIE?


            --
            Mark A. Boyd
            Keep-On-Learnin'
            • 3. Re: DCR / Browser Issues
              jjones5551919 Level 1
              The object and embed tags are pointing to the same (correct) files and the file names are using the correct case.

              The cache is cleared frequently and the html file output from Director works fine. On the site it actually loads just fine in Firefox, just not in Internet Explorer.

              Now if I run the DCR directly then once it is cached it will load properly in MSIE, but after clearing the cache the issue persists. Thanks for the replies and any further information or suggestions is certainly appreciated.
              • 4. Re: DCR / Browser Issues
                Level 7
                On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:30:02 GMT, jjones5551919 posted in
                macromedia.director.basics:

                > Now if I run the DCR directly then once it is cached it will load
                > properly in MSIE, but after clearing the cache the issue persists.
                > Thanks for the replies and any further information or suggestions is
                > certainly appreciated.

                Strange. Got a link others can test? Maybe it's just something about that
                machine or proxy server?


                --
                Mark A. Boyd
                Keep-On-Learnin'
                • 5. DCR / Browser Issues
                  quizkiwi
                  I realize this is an old post, but to help anyone searching I figured I would post the solution. I had the same problem and through trial and error found the solution. In the html page created by director it gives object code like the following:

                  <object classid="clsid:166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=8,5,0,0" ID=intro width=550 height=414>
                  <param name=src value="intro.dcr">
                  <param name=swRemote value="swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='true' swRestart='true' swPausePlay='true' swFastForward='true' swContextMenu='true' ">
                  <param name=swStretchStyle value=none>
                  <PARAM NAME=bgColor VALUE=#FFFFFF>
                  <embed src="intro.dcr" bgColor=#FFFFFF width=550 height=414 swRemote="swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='true' swRestart='true' swPausePlay='true' swFastForward='true' swContextMenu='true' " swStretchStyle=none type="application/x-director" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/"></embed>

                  Now when you have your shockwave file in a folder however, you need to change the embed src value to show that folder. This works fine in Firefox. In Internet Explorer, however, you have to also change the parameter src value to show that folder as well.