3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 3:10 PM by jane-e

Text Wrap Suddenly Stopped Working

digidandan Level 1

Suddenly in all my documents, Text Wrap doesn't work. I can select the choices, but nothing happens. I went to the Objects menu and Text Frame Options is grayed out also. I have no idea what happened, why this function suddenly stopped working. I also tried creating a new document and tested it, with no results. I have quit and relaunched ID. also.

Any ideas are appreciated.

InDesign CC2015.3

OS 10.11.4

Thanks

• 1. Re: Text Wrap Suddenly Stopped Working
          jane-e Adobe Community Professional

Object menu > Text Frame Options is only available if you have Text frame selected. Double-check that.

Go to Window > Text Wrap and select the image. Take a screen shot of both the image frame and the text frame and also the Text Wrap panel. Post it so we can see what your settings are and why it does not work.

If it is all documents, you may need to Reset your Preferences.

• 2. Re: Text Wrap Suddenly Stopped Working
            digidandan Level 1

Thank you. I have been doing this for years and never had this issue. I selected the text frame first, then my options were available so I could UNCHECK ignore text wrap. It worked. I swear I never had this issue before. Funny thing is "ignore" text wrap had always been unchecked by default previously and really bugged me. I had to keep checking it every time I imported an image, and eliminate unwanted behaviors. I must have somehow found a way to have it set to "ignore" by default. Which is the way I really want it. I now know how to turn it back on as needed with this change of behavior.

My Text Frame Option had always been available in the past. Somehow, however, whatever I had done in my workflow it was never grayed out.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Text Wrap Suddenly Stopped Working
              jane-e Adobe Community Professional

If you have nothing selected and make a change, you are changing your defaults. If you are in a document, you change the defaults for that document. With no documents open, you change them for future new documents. That may be what happened here. Glad it is solved!