3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 5:55 PM by Migintosh

How do I print mulitple double sided DL size docs on one page.

lillyh6783713

I have  a DL document made with a front and a back page.

I would like 3 to fit across portrait down a A4 Sheet.

With the page 2 printed all down the back and page 1 down the front.

Hope this makes sense.

• 1. Re: How do I print mulitple double sided DL size docs on one page.
          Migintosh Level 4

I'm in America, so I had to look up "DL," but is it essentially a third of an A4 page? If so, what have you tried, and what problems are you having?

• 2. Re: How do I print mulitple double sided DL size docs on one page.
            lillyh6783713 Level 1

Oh sorry

Yes your correct. so I have tried using thumbnails and I cannot work out how to get Three DL sized docs running down the A4 Page

Now what I have created is a two page DL Page 2 is intended to be printed on the back of the DL so when I cut them they a double sided brochures.

So far when I try to print thumbnails 1x2 (which is only 2 to one page anyway) it doesnt come up double sided it all comes up on the one page as well.

I Struggling hard very new to indesign

• 3. Re: How do I print mulitple double sided DL size docs on one page.
              Migintosh Level 4
              1. Make a new A4 document
              2. Go to File>Place
              3. Navigate to your saved DL document and place it on the page the way you would place an image
              4. Click on the placed DL image with the Select tool (Black Arrow)
              5. In the X and Y coordinates of the tool bar, enter zero to both (the image will be at the top left corner of the document)
              6. With the image selected, go to Edit>Step And Repeat
              7. Click the Preview checkbox
              8. In the Repeat field, type 2
              9. In the Vertical field, type 99mm
              10. In the Horizontal field, type 0
              11. Do the same for the other side on a different page, but when you place the document, click the Show Import Options box, and in the next field, only have it place page 2.

Does that help? You should also get some InDesign training. I suggest Sandee Cohen's InDesign CC: Visual QuickStart Guide (available at bookstores or on-line retailers).

1 person found this helpful