6 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2016 8:47 AM by dawsonscreeky1

Lightroom Stalls

dawsonscreeky1

my Lightroom seems to be running extremely slow. Takes forever to load the next image so I delay exporting until the end but still lagging. Seems like my computer is runnning a function in the background that's interrupting the speed of Lightroom for some reason.

• 1. Re: Lightroom Stalls
          dawsonscreeky1 Level 1

Also...Ive never backed up anything on here but I do have a lot of catalogs stored on here. Should I delete them? Some are maybe an upload of 2000 images in one catalog. I do wedding photography so this is normal to me. Maybe that's slowing me down?

• 2. Re: Lightroom Stalls
            Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi dawsonscreeky ,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Do not delete your images.

Simply optimize your catalog from File>>Optimize catalog in Lightroom. You may refer How to improve and speed up Photoshop Lightroom performance

If using Lightroom 6/CC ,Disable use of graphics processor from Lightroom Preferences>>Performance>>Uncheck "Use graphics  processor"

Regards,

Akash

• 3. Re: Lightroom Stalls
              dawsonscreeky1 Level 1

Ok I'm gonna try that. When I selected it it informed me that I hadnt optimized it since 2014, July, so hopefully this is the problem.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Stalls
                dj_paige Level 9

dawsonscreeky1 wrote:

Also...Ive never backed up anything on here but I do have a lot of catalogs stored on here. Should I delete them? Some are maybe an upload of 2000 images in one catalog. I do wedding photography so this is normal to me. Maybe that's slowing me down?

You are taking an extreme risk of losing all your photos and all your work by not having backups. I suggest your first task is to make backups of all your catalog files and all of your photos, putting the backups on a different disk than the originals.

Having lots of catalogs is not the cause of any slowdowns, and deleting them will not help.

Please answer these questions:

1. What version NUMBER of Lightroom are you running?
                2. What is your operating system?
                3. How much free space do you have on your internal HD?
                4. Are you doing lots of brushing and/or spot healing on each photo?
                • 5. Re: Lightroom Stalls
                  dawsonscreeky1 Level 1

Lightroom 5, (Adobe creative suite), OSX Yosemite 10.10

i checked my harddrive free space and was like 128 gb I believe. I also bought a SSD to double check but that doesn't seem to be helping    I do a little of brushing. Not much.

• 6. Re: Lightroom Stalls
                    dawsonscreeky1 Level 1

It worked!!!! Thank youuuu so much