3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 11:33 PM by Alfred Pennyworth

Favorite watermark font stopped working in LR CC 6.5.1 after update

drmikeinpdx@gmail.cpm Level 1

Yesterday, I allowed the Adobe updater to update Lightroom CC to version 2015.5.1 on my PC running Windows X.

Today, the watermark I have used for years is missing when I export photos.  I've tried recreating it and it works but only if I use a different font.  It seems that my favorite font, AR BONNIE, has been disabled.

AR BONNIE still shows up on the list of available fonts and it is visibly superimposed on the photo in the watermark editor.  It just doesn't show up when the photo is exported.

I haven't tried all the available fonts, so I can't say if any others were disabled as well.

My watermark is an important part of my brand and I really don't want to change it.  Any ideas on how to make AR BONNIE start working again?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Favorite watermark font stopped working in LR CC 6.5.1 after update

I've done some more testing and found that my AR BONNIE watermark works sometimes, but not others.  The watermark will appear on exported images if I keep the image size below about half the available pixels.  For example, I have have an image from my Canon camera that is 5760 pixels on the longest side, the logo will print if I keep the output file below about 3100 pixels on the longest side.

I'm going to try this with another logo and see what happens.

Mike

• 2. Re: Favorite watermark font stopped working in LR CC 6.5.1 after update

OK, I tried another font and it works fine up to at least an export file size of 5000 pixels on the longest side. 

So I went back and played with AR BONNIE some more.  Apparently, this font will not let you create a logo more than about 1000 pixels long on your exported image.  (That's a very rough estimate)

If you make your AR BONNIE logo really small, you can make your export files as large as you might want.

I don't recall AR BONNIE being this limited before the last upgrade.  Is it possible that this is some sort of licensing issue that recently occurred?

Any watermark font experts out there who can assist?

Thanks!

Mike

• 3. Re: Favorite watermark font stopped working in LR CC 6.5.1 after update
              Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

There have been various fonts which seem to cause some problems with Lightroom since its release! There doesn't seem to be a solution other than change the font, which from your posts, you are not able to?

Would it be possible to recreate it as a graphic watermark and use it that way? The png you would use can be resized upon export, although may not be as flexible!

You could create it in Photoshop or similar and save as a png complete with transparency, and change or create a new watermark preset in LR.

Good luck