5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2016 7:21 PM by Steve Grisetti

burn interrupt

Rose 3 Level 1

I have used Adobe Premiere 10 in the past with many successful burns. I am trying to burn my first dvd using Premiere 13 and I am getting a Burn Interrupted message. Thank you.

• 1. Re: burn interrupt
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Moving to Premiere Pro CC

• 2. Re: burn interrupt
            Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

[ Moved to Premiere Elements ]

• 3. Re: burn interrupt
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which operating system are you using? Which processor do you have and with how much free space on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? How long is your project?

Does your transcoding fail at exactly the same spot every time? How far into the process does it fail?

Is this a project that was created in version 13 -- or is this a project created in an earlier version of the program?

• 4. Re: burn interrupt
                Rose 3 Level 1

Hello Steve,

I figured out how to work around the problem I was having in May by saving it to my computer and then burned it with a different program. But I have a new project that I really would like to burn through Premiere.

I hope this answers some of the questions above: My computer is HP, Windows 10, my processor is Intel Core i-5 6400, 12 GB RAM, and I have 1.66TB free out of 1.8TB.

My camcorder is a Sony and after I import my video into the Sony Play Memories Home program I convert the file to an MP4. Not sure if this is the resolution but when I convert it has 1920x1080 25p/30p Mbps

My first project was about 4 minutes long and would not burn. This project is 45 minutes long with pictures, video, text boxes, menu markers, and music.

Yes, it does stop at the same spot every time. The encoding process goes fine when it goes to the burn process it stops at 4%. I have not got the Burn Interrupt message this time, it just stops the process and pretty much freezes the program. It will let me cancel the burn then I get the message that Adobe Premiere has stopped working.

These were both projects created in version 13. I don't have the other versions on this computer.

Again, I did several projects with version 10 and used the same processes. The only thing different about using version 13 is I have to convert the music to a MP3 file. As you can probably tell I am not a computer expert. I can click around and usually get the results I am looking for but am frustrated with this one.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

• 5. Re: burn interrupt
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

"My camcorder is a Sony and after I import my video into the Sony Play Memories Home program I convert the file to an MP4."

What model of Sony? Is it a tape-based camcorder? miniDV or high-def? HDV or AVCHD?

You really should not be using the Sony software to get the video from the camcorder and then converting it to an MP4. That may not create the best format of video for editing. It's much better to  use the Premiere Elements software to get the video from the camcorder to your computer -- which I can tell you more specifically how to use when you tell me more specifically what model of camcorder you have and in what format and resolution it stores your video.