7 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 12:06 PM by vrunk Branched to a new discussion.

Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14

archiemacmhor

I've tried to get an answer to this before without success.

When I try to burn a project to a DVD which can be played on a DVD player, Premier Elements 14 on a Windows 10 PC will only allow me to save the project as an ISO file. I have IMGburner and  Nero 2016 and Wondershare installed on PC, but PE says it cannot find a burner (Problem 1). As suggested, I have uninstalled and reinstalled PE and I have run it as an administrator with no success.

Having produced an ISO file I am unable to burn it as a viewable DVD though I can burn it as an ISO file which I cannot play on a DVD player (problem 2).

Previously with Windows 8 and earlier editions of PE I had no such difficulty and have transferred many projects to DVDs which can be viewed on a DVD player.

How am I meant to burn my projects to a DVD that I can watch on a DVD player. NOTE: If I use Nero 2016 to produce a project I have no problem producing DVDs which I can watch on a DVD player.

Or, Should I just give up on Adobe?

• 1. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you were able to produce an ISO file, then Premiere Elements is doing its job.

If the program is not seeing your disc burner, there is something blocking its access to the drive. Try this:

In this particular case, burner recognition for Premiere Elements and Windows Explorer came only  after setting "System" permissions related to "Royalty Activation" which is required according to Adobe for "MPEG files import, DVD burn, etc.".

Go to C\Program Data\Adobe\Common\Adobe\ARA\

Right-click on the Common folder and select Properties. Under the Security Tab, select Edit and set Permissions to Royalty Activation.

If you are not able to produce a playable DVD from your ISO file, then  something else is going on. Are you sure you are correctly using ImgBurn? I have never heard of ImgBurn not producing a playable DVD from an ISO.

You say you did not receive a satisfactory response last time you posted this question. Did you really any response? What was it? What have you tried and what was the result? If you don't tell us, we'll need to start the troubleshooting process all over again.

Meantime, have you considered using DVD Architect Studio to produce your DVDs from Premiere Elements' video? There's a free trial at Sony Creative Software that you can use to evaluate it.

• 2. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Having produced an ISO file I am unable to burn it as a viewable DVD though I can burn it as an ISO file which I cannot play on a DVD player (problem 2).

With Imgburn you should be able to burn the iso to dvd.

The Official ImgBurn Website

write image file to disk.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
              archiemacmhor Level 1

Steve

Thanks for your response. I bought your Premier Elements 14 manual and found it very helpful. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the folder Adobe\Common anywhere on my PC and I did look in every "Adobe" folder I could find. Re ImgBurn you are probably correct that it can burn ISO files to a playable DVD I just don't have the skill to understand the terminology used to make the process work.

• 4. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you save your ISO file, you indicate where the file is being saved. Make sure you're saving to a directory folder that has no other files and it should work fine.

If you are having trouble creating an ISO file, be sure to go to the program's preference (under the Edit menu) and, on the General page, UNcheck the option to use graphics acceleration.

• 5. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
                  vrunk Level 1

Hi Archie!  When I tried Steve's tip, I had to change settings to reveal hidden files.  That was the only way I found the "common" directory he refers to.  Hope this helps.   Vicki

• 6. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
                    archiemacmhor Level 1

Thanks Vicki - I did that and accessed the common directory, but in the event permissions were already given.

Archie

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Producing DVD with Premier Elements 14
                      vrunk Level 1

Archie--just did a chat with support.  Here's what they said:  "It seems its a known issue to Premiere Elements. I have checked it under my resources. And the workaround for now is to create an ISO and then burn that ISO to the disc. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue."  and "Yes once they find a fix , it should be an update which would apply that bug fix for users who use Premiere Elements".  So there's hope for a fix, but for now, you have to use the workaround.   Vicki