6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 2:58 PM by Newsgroup_User

adding items to a frame

Softpages Level 1
      Hi
      I have created a second frame for my alternate buttons rollover (simple rollover)
      However i now got a couple of more buttons I want to add.

My question- how do I add these 2 new buttons onto frame 2 so that I can create simple rollovers of them too
        • 1. Re: adding items to a frame
          airbob
          what you're trying to do is very simple. What I reccommend doing is first copying and pasting everything from frame 1 into frame 2 in order to make sure all backgrounds than an image may have is still there in the second frame. Then, edit each button individually, may the difference be color or whatever, and then you should be good to go as long as you have a slice on each button and make them have a simple rollover behavior that is pointed to frame 2.
          • 2. Re: adding items to a frame
            Softpages Level 1
            Thankyou
            However I have already done this..
            My problem is I now have added a new button to frame 1 which also needs individually adding to Frame 2

How is this done ?
            • 3. Re: adding items to a frame
              airbob Level 1
              i'm not sure what you're asking, could you perhaps clarify or maybe give an example? thanks
              • 4. Re: adding items to a frame
                Softpages Level 1
                having already set up 2 frames for a simple rollover (4 nav buttons in all). I now realise I want to add a 5th. I dont want to delete frame 2 and start all over.. I just want to add the 5th button to frame 2
                • 5. Re: adding items to a frame
                  airbob Level 1
                  ohh. . ok . .well. . just add the button to frame number one first then copy it to the second frame. If it's not in the location you desire, look at the info section and see where it is located as far as X and Y go in frame one and duplicate that in frame two. They you can go ahead and add your slices and behaviors :-D
                  • 6. Re: adding items to a frame
                    Level 7
                    Softpages wrote:
                    > having already set up 2 frames for a simple rollover (4 nav buttons in all). I
                    > now realise I want to add a 5th. I dont want to delete frame 2 and start all
                    > over.. I just want to add the 5th button to frame 2

The way I do it is add the normal state image to frame 1, copy and paste
                    it to frame 2, and then modify the copy on frame 2.

--
                    Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
                    http://www.projectseven.com
                    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm