7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2006 5:13 AM by Phomari7

Can't see frame labels

Phomari7
      I am trying to see the frame labels in my timeline. I know they're there because I can see them in the property inspector. I can also see the little red icons that indicate they are there, but they are compressed into a little tiny space.

Is there any way to expand them so they are visible?

Thanks.

-jheske
        • 1. Re: Can't see frame labels
          ogousa-swS9lV
          All you can do is set "Large" in Timeline properties.
          • 2. Re: Can't see frame labels
            Aaron_needs_help
            I think that the only thing that you can really do is change the width of the timeline frames themselves. If you click on the icon in the upper-right hand corner of the timeline window you can change the width of the frames in the timeline. There are five different settings: Tiny, Small, Normal, Medium, and Large.
            The icon looks like this |-|-| and it has a small arrow in the bottom right hand corner pointing in a south-east direction. Hope this helps.
            • 3. Re: Can't see frame labels
              Phomari7 Level 1
              Changing the text size does virtually nothing.

This is clearly a bug in Flash because when I first tried to edit the library button I'm working on all the labels were clearly visible. This is a VERY annoying bug!

Thanks very much for the responses.

-jheske
              • 4. Re: Can't see frame labels
                Level 7
                this is not a "bug" - a bug is when something doesn't work as intended - you cant see the frame
                label because there is probably another keyframe right next to it.

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com

Phomari7 wrote:
                > Changing the text size does virtually nothing.
                >
                > This is clearly a bug in Flash because when I first tried to edit the library
                > button I'm working on all the labels were clearly visible. This is a VERY
                > annoying bug!
                >
                > Thanks very much for the responses.
                >
                > -jheske
                >
                • 5. Re: Can't see frame labels
                  Phomari7 Level 1
                  To me it seems like a bug because the labels are visible at first, and then they aren't, and I can't make them visible again. Perhaps this would be better described as a "feature that doesn't work as expected," rather than a bug. In any case, it appears there is no way to widen the frames enough to see the labels so I'll just use the properties window.

Thanks for the responses.

-jheske
                  • 6. Re: Can't see frame labels
                    Level 7
                    i have never heard of frame labels that are initially visible and then for no known reason become
                    invisible or partially abscurred. can you provide a screenshot of this?

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
                    --> www.mudbubble.com
                    --> www.keyframer.com

Phomari7 wrote:
                    > To me it seems like a bug because the labels are visible at first, and then
                    > they aren't, and I can't make them visible again. Perhaps this would be better
                    > described as a "feature that doesn't work as expected," rather than a bug.
                    > In any case, it appears there is no way to widen the frames enough to see the
                    > labels so I'll just use the properties window.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the responses.
                    >
                    > -jheske
                    >
                    >
                    • 7. Re: Can't see frame labels
                      Phomari7 Level 1
                      If you've never heard of it I'm going to guess I've done something I didn't know I did and I have the timeline in some state I didn't expect (and can't figure out how to get out of).

I will try to recreate what I did, that is create a library component from common libraries, edit it to see how it's designed, and modify it to see what happens. I'll try to figure out exactly what I did so if I did mess something up I can figure it out and fix it.

Thanks for trying to help.

-jheske