3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 5:35 AM by greule

Synchronization Problem With Lightroom Mobile on Mac

AKorz

Hello,

I use Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 on an iMac 5k with OS X 10.11.

In my Lightroom catalogue I have 21 collections with overall 656 pictures I want to synchronize with Lightroom Mobile. I logged in to Lightroom Mobile with my Adobe credentials and the synchronization started. After the synchronization finished, all 656 pictures are visible on the Lightroom Webpage https://lightroom.adobe.com and on Lightroom Mobile on my iPad. Until now everything worked fine.

But if I want to quit Lightroom with Command-Q a ‘syncing 656 photos’ message appears at the top left of the Library module. This message will stay forever and Lightroom will not quit.

If I kill Lightroom on the Activity Monitor and restart Lightroom I have to login to Lightroom Mobile again with my Adobe credentials. After the login all 656 pictures are still synchronized.

If I press the red button on Lightroom window to close the window I can see in the Dock a small white dot under the Lightroom Icon which means, that Lightroom is still open. But when I click on this icon Lightroom will not open. I have to kill Lightroom on the Activity Monitor and restart Lightroom again like when I quit Lightroom with Command-Q.

Regards

Andreas

• 1. Re: Synchronization Problem With Lightroom Mobile on Mac
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Part of the problem is how a Mac, OS X, works. Once you close a window, the last window displayed for an app, clicking the Dock icon won't reopen a window for that app. With the app having focus, IE its name displayed in the blue bar (by clicking the dock icon), you click the name and select Open New Window (or something like that).

As for the sync with LR Mobile and the Web system that takes time. Syncing 656 images takes time to Upload and or check those previously uploaded images for any changes made to them in either the desktop LR or the mobile device LR mobile app and apply those changes, if any, to both LR DT, Mobile and the web interface. The time is dependent on your internet speed, mobile device connection speed.

• 2. Re: Synchronization Problem With Lightroom Mobile on Mac
            AKorz Level 1

It is not a problem with the internet speed. After all photos are successfully synchronized I want to quit Lightroom and then a ‘syncing 656 photos’ message appears at the top left of the Library module. This message will stay forever and Lightroom will not quit.

• 3. Re: Synchronization Problem With Lightroom Mobile on Mac
              greule Adobe Employee

Hi Andreas.

Could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido