1) Have you got Quicktime installed, per the program's requirements?
2) When you say "save", do you mean output a video from a project? If so, what are you trying to output it as?
3) What are the specs of the videos that are playing distorted? What resolution, what model of camcorder are they coming from, etc.
Steve, thanks for help
1) yes had QT installed and not installed - its installed again now and video playback seems less smooth than without it (i also downloaded VLC)
2)I'm trying to 'publish & share' as mpeg, hdtv 1080p 25 HQ
3) original source canon g16 camera, edited in premiere 13, saved as mpeg (this plays fine on old pc)
I'm half guessing v14 maybe the only way to go?
And what model of camcorder is this video coming from? What format and resolution is it?
2 sources (hope this is enough details)
canon g16 camera - source file MP4 [Video: MPEG4-AVC (H.264), Audio: MPEG2 AAC-LC (stereo)] - FHD 60P MP4
GoPro hero - source MP4 res 1080 x25
Do you have Quicktime installed on your computer? It provides necessary support for a number of video formats.
Yes I do.
Been doing more and more reading.... I didn't turn off antivirus before installing, wonder whether I should uninstall, turn off & reinstall - be worth it?
Couldn't hurt, could it?
ok, bit of update....
ive just created & published a video file so that appears to work now
playback from organiser is still flakey...
1) the distorted video is still distorted....but ll just try and recreate
2) playback from organizer is very jumpy
quicktime doesnt seem to want to work, cant even open vids with it - but VLC can play them well from explorer
(alos since unintsalled quicktime following apple withdrawing support & advising problems)
so have workarounds (i think) - any thoughts on jumpy playback?
The could be related to the format and/or resolution of your video and/or the speed of your processor -- and/or if you've got other programs interfering or running in the background.
So it's hard to say without a lot more troubleshooting.