• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Regression] Problems with Stage3D and Firefox >=v47

Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found a regression with Stage3D and Firefox >=v47.

Examples:

Stage3D Cubes Demo

Ancient China, Flare3D

Firefox v46.x = Both examples are working as expected

Firefox v47.x Beta & v49.x Nightly = Cubes are not visible and the China demo is loading until 100% and then nothing happens.

(clean Firefox profiles)

Tested on two different devices with Flash Player:

- v18 ESR

- v19

- v20

- v21.0.0.213

- v22.0.0.144

Please check it together with Mozilla.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

It is working again with Firefox Nightly v50 & v51 and Flash Player v23.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What OS is this on?  Is this on 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?

Please file a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com and it will be assigned for triage.  Post the bug number back here in this discussion.

I haven't tested with all the versions listed, however, I was unable to reproduce using Windows 7 with Firefox 47.0b3 and Flash Player 22.0.d0.144:

Win7_Firefox64_FP22_0_d0_144_a.JPG

Win7_Firefox64_FP22_0_d0_144_b.JPG

And on OS X 10.10.5 with Flash Player 22.0.d0.144:

osx10.10.5_firefox47_FP22_0_d0_144_a.jpeg

osx10.10.5_firefox47_FP22_0_d0_144_b.jpeg

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

OS = Windows 10 x64 Build 14332 de-de

Bug#4150372 - [Regression] Problems with Stage3D and Firefox >=v47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are able to reproduce the issue. This issue is Firefox Nightly 64 bit only.

We are working with Mozilla.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox = All x64 builds (I have also updated my bug entry)

I will also test it with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on my Notebook in a few minutes.

Update:

It is the same with Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.

I filled also a bug entry at Mozilla:

1271398 – [Regression] Problems with Adobe Flash Player Stage3D and Firefox x64 >=v47

We will see what they are saying to this topic.

Thank you so far for the very fast response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,

is there a roadmap to tackle this issue? The Firefox team announced a "won't fix" and this basically renders our content useless on Firefox 64 bits.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rewb0rn ,

Can you please add this comment to the bug record: Bug#4150372 - [Regression] Problems with Stage3D and Firefox >=v47

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thank you. Although I think it is obvious that this should have a high priority for both companies involved.. What were they thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any news about this? Does this still have high prio or did everyone give up on it? There are no news either from Mozilla or Adobe about a fix for this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In practice, we have very little control over Mozilla's engineering priorities or decision-making process.  We're ultimately a guest in their browser, and while we can communicate issues to them, their priorities and timeline dictate the outcome here.

Unfortunately, your options are fairly limited.  You either have to work around the issue until Mozilla fixes it (their cadence from fix to release is pretty slow, and Flash in general is not a priority for fast-track work) with alternate content, or you need to recommend that impacted users choose a browser that does offer support.

In a more positive vein, one of the prioritization considerations here is that the x64 population on Firefox is very small, and they're not actively promoting that target.  The reason that we recommend people use x64 Firefox periodically, is that it has a native NPAPI sandbox (our bolt-on sandbox is x86-specific).  Making the sandbox native eliminates two intermediary processes and a boatload of IPC traffic, which significantly improves the reliability of Flash in Firefox (i.e. the pathological stability issues stem from volume-related dependability problems with IPC traffic).

We're optimistic that Mozilla will consider rolling out a native NPAPI sandbox for x86 Windows users as well, which would obviate the need to recommend x64 Firefox as an alternative for users.  This probably doesn't help you *too* much, but x64 Firefox *is* a very small population, and is likely to remain that way in the near-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My screenshots on Windows 7 are from 32-bit Firefox 47.b03.  I installed 64-bit Firefox 47.0b3 and am able to reproduce the bug.

Speaking with the Engineer, this is an issue with Firefox not supporting Windowed Plug-ins in 64-bit Firefox.  wmode=direct content is forced to wmode=opaque content, which doesn't support Stage3d.  Our Engineer emailed Firefox about this last week. Please also file a bug with Firefox.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is working again with Firefox Nightly v50 & v51 and Flash Player v23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines