6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 5:53 PM by Jeff Mclane

"Open as layers in Photoshop" error when Photoshop is already opened

Jeff Mclane

I am having an issue using the "Open as layers in Photoshop" in Lightroom CC. I select multiple RAW files, right click and choose "Open as layers in Photoshop". If Photoshop is closed when I perform this action, the export works perfect, creating a new Photoshop file with corresponding layers for each RAW file select. If Photoshop is already opened when I perform this action, the export creates a new Photoshop files, adds one layer, and then stalls. See screenshots below. I have updated to current version of both Lightroom and Photoshop CC. Any help would be most appreciated, as this is an action I use on a daily basis.

I should also note that I used this same action normally with previous versions of Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 and never encountered this issue until upgrading to CC earlier this year.

Thanks -

When Photoshop is previously closed, and opened by the Lightroom action alone (proper result):

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 1.14.39 PM.jpg

When Photoshop is previously opened, and Lightroom action is performed (error result):

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 1.18.06 PM.jpg