Has the folder structure changed somehow in the exported catalog?
"Custom Order" will not appear if two things are at work- 1) There is a sub-folder below the current images' folder, and 2) the option is set to "Show Photos in Sub-folders"
(no other answer- sorry)
May I ask please: Wy this question was marked as "answered"? Did it work when conditions 1) and 2) where suplied with?
If I export a folder as catalog and open the new catalog without any changes, the custom sort will be lost. There is no subfolder, neither in catalog nor physical in the explorer. Option "show subfolders" is not activated.
Lost custom sort in exported catalogs is a capital mustake in my opinion an schould be fixed.
Version von Lightroom: 6.8 [ 1099473 ] (2017.2)
Betriebssystem: Windows 10 pro x64
I have just done a test.
1. Selected one folder of images
2. Re-arranged the photos in a custom order
3. R-Click the folder to Export as a Catalog.
4. Changed to the Exported catalog (containing the one folder of photos)
5. Selected the folder in the folders panel. (Do not have "All Photographs" chosen in the Catalog Panel!)
6. Clicked on the sort options menu below the grid
7. Clicked on "Custom Sort"
8. The photos in the grid automatically resumed and re-ordered to be the same as I had arranged as my custom sort in the original catalog.
The Custom sort did carry over into the exported catalog.
I am not seeing what you describe. (maybe not a "capital mistake")
I did it as you advised (again). It worked.
The "kapital mistake" was on my side obviously - sorry.
There is no "correct" button below to click -
may be because it was already done before I asked again (?).