• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate graphic formats for different outputs?

Explorer ,
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a specific problem, but the only solution I can think of is general enough to ask about in this forum. The general version: can I have two versions of a graphic for different kinds of output, with a conditional tag to control which is used?

The specific version (already asked about under Printed Documentation, but no responses): I need to create a printed output of my help system, and my bitmap graphics print very poorly. If I were doing a Word document, I would make the bitmaps bigger (maybe 4x) than the printed size, and they would print correctly. But for online use, a bitmap needs to be at its actual image size.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You absolutely can. After you insert a graphic in your topic, you can highlight it and apply a conditional build tag. Works just like highlighting a word to make it conditional text.

BTW, this works especially well for your situation - online graphics vs. print. I used it to include screen prints in the print version only - saved so much space in my online version!

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp