3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2006 6:38 AM by Dead_Hampster

Publishing problems

Dead_Hampster
      Hi all, I'm a nubie to the world of Captivate and I have been learning as I go making mistakes along the way and learning to resolve them but I am having a major problem now at the end of a project.

The problem is that I am publishing the captivate files as .swf and .html file and creating click boxes with the 'On success' being to 'Open other movie'. I have tried both Current and Parent as the target for this file and selected a .swf file as the target movie to open. These .swf files have also been created in Captivate but when I open the .swf or .html files and use the click boxes I cannot open the movie in the same window! Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
        • 1. Re: Publishing problems
          CatBandit Level 3
          Would you mind restating this portion of your message?You said
          quote:

... when I open the .swf or .html files and use the click boxes I cannot open the movie in the same window!
          I'm finding it hard to picture...

If the issue is simply that you want to open another movie in the existing window, you can do that by linking to the HTML for that movie ... have I misunderstood?
          • 2. Re: Publishing problems
            Dead_Hampster Level 1
            Certenly Larry,
            what I was trying to describe is that I am using click boxes to target another movie to be opened in the same window, I am opening the main movie in a browser window and trying to load and open a new movie in the same window after clicking the desired click box. I have tried targeting the HTML file for the click box but it keeps on stalling the browser.

Simon
            • 3. Re: Publishing problems
              Dead_Hampster Level 1
              Didn't know which one to select so chose the last entry.

Figured out what was going wrong, hit myself for being stupid and corrected the problem. Cheers for the intrest though Larry.

Simon