5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 10:43 AM by trshaner

Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles

Bazzra

I have purchased Lightroom 6 and note there are no lens correction profiles for the Nikon 24-70mm VR available. However, there are profiles for the previous none VR model of this lens.

My question is, will the profiles work with the VR version too? I know I could easily correct the distortion manually if pushed.

Will be using this lens with a D800.   

Many thanks,

1. Baz.
        • 1. Re: Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The below lens is supported in LR 6.2 and later updates. Go to Help> Updates and install the latest LR 6.5.1 update.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
          Nikon6.2/9.2
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles
            Bazzra Level 1

Dear Trshaner,

Thank you for the information.

I downloaded the Lightroom software a few hours ago and failed to update it as you rightfully suggested I should.  I wrongfully assumed it would be the latest version with the latest updates.

The moral of my situation only confirms one cannot assume anything in these matters and diligence is the order of the day-wow.

It’s the first post I have used in this forum but but is encouraging that it is more than likely your issues will be resolved hear than attempting to gain an audience with anyone from Adobe. I believe it would be easier getting an audience with Her Majesty the Queen.

Thank you once again Trshaner for your kind and informative information.

Regards,

Baz.

• 3. Re: Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles

Bazzra wrote:

I downloaded the Lightroom software a few hours ago and failed to update it as you rightfully suggested I should. I wrongfully assumed it would be the latest version with the latest updates.

In LR menu Edit> Preferences make sure 'Automatically check for updates' is checked. I don't have it checked because I prefer to review updates for possible issues posted in this forum before installing. Obviously if you need a new lens or camera profile available in a new update it makes sense to install it. There is a wealth of support information and video tutorials available by hitting the F1 key when inside LR. If you can't find the required information use the search tool 'Find Answers' in this forum and then post a question if necessary. Enjoy!

• 4. Re: Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles
                Bazzra Level 1

On the subject of lens correction profiles, I have a Coolpix P7800 that don’t seem to have the correction files available even after the couple of years that I have had it.  I have been correcting them manually in Photoshop CS6 that dont seem to be supoted with updates.

I think the P7800 is fantastic in that you can get exhalant photos in a pocket size camera without the bagage of a DSLR.

Pity it hasn’t been supported though.  I wouldn’t part with the resolution of the D800 though when needed.

I am aware that P7800 is supported in camera for jpeg but I use exclusively raw.

Baz.

• 5. Re: Nikon 24-70mm VR Lens Profiles

Here's the list of available lens profiles: Supported lenses  There is a lens profile for the Coolpix P7000 model that appears similar. You can change the "default 100 settings" if there is a consistent difference that appears across the full zoom range. I checked the Adobe LensPprofile Downloader and didn't find any profiles for the Coolkpix P7000. The other option is to make your own using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator.