2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 10:12 AM by Szalam

Saving project mid rotoscoping

martinkelly66

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before/has a ridiculously obvious answer.

Basically I'm working in After Effects CS6 and I'm rotoscoping a 50 second sequence (a girl walking down some stairs in a floaty dress), the process is taking me a while do to the movement of her dress and so I was wondering if there is any way that I can save the project mod rotoscoping in order to return to it later without losing my progress with the rotoscoping I've already done.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Saving project mid rotoscoping
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's nothing to do. You just save the project. AE retains the Rotobrush data and things like masks are just parametric boundary definitions, anyway. You are overthinking this. The only caveat is that it may take a long time to run through the RB analysis again when re-opening the project. Thus, depending on what progress you already have made, you might consider just rendering out an intermediate clip with transparency and using that later.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Saving project mid rotoscoping
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using the Roto Brush, you can freeze the effect so everything stays the same and then come back to it later and unfreeze it. (You should always freeze it when you're done anyway.)