18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 12:44 PM by CrzAdler

Buttons fail, no layer hierarchy, the end is near

CrzAdler

I'm trying to create a document that can produce an interactive PDF and be published online.   I have buttons on a layer above text buttons on another layer below.  some how the text is overriding layer hierarchy and showing through.  The intent is that in PDF form the "Show/Hide Buttons and Forms" action will drive the change in content.  For Publishing Online, the same button would activate an animation.   "Support" has initially dismissed my question by sending me links on "How to make a button" and is now telling me that each button needs it's own layer.  Does this make sense to anyone?  If I have a forty page document with each page having 3 - 15 buttons, won't I end up with over 100 layers?  I mean sure I can, reuse a "Step1", "Step2"  ... layer for each page, but won't there be an excess of unused layers per page just the same? 

The most frustrating thing is, it worked just fine at one point.  I did notice that the order in which buttons were created had an effect on the operation of a page.  

Any body who knows their stuff, can you help me out?

Here's the a link to the online version.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e479b6b9-fd0f-4875-804e-30003c332325

Here's a screen shot of the InDesign file.  Note that the red dot is on the orange layer and the text is on the lower, blue layer.

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 3.09.24 PM.png

And here is a screen shot of the PDF Export.

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 3.09.41 PM.png