4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

How do I end a video?

tinarulz

I am new to Premiere Elements and am looking to put some wedding clips together. I did a practice video and put an end marker at the

end of about 1 1/2 minutes. I am wanting to put it on a DVD for use on a Mac or PC, but am having trouble.

When I put the practice video on a DVD my video ends but the screen goes black for about 4 minutes. How do I just stop the video?

Thanks for any help!

Tammy

• 1. Re: How do I end a video?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure that the work area bar doesn't extend beyond the last clip on the timeline.

• 2. Re: How do I end a video?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also NEVER put a stop marker at the end of your movie! It will corrupt your DVD burn.

Just end the movie and make sure there are no stray clips out on the timeline beyond the end of your movie project.

• 3. Re: How do I end a video?
              tinarulz Level 1

Thank you for your help. I did take out the marker, but it still isn't working. My video is still 3 minutes of black screen. I have the

grey tabs at the beg and end but still can't figure it out. Very frustrated! Not sure what to do. The video is ending with music and text

with the video clips already ended, does that impact the end point?  Thanks again.

• 4. Re: How do I end a video?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said above, you probably have stray clips out beyond the end of your movie that is making Premiere Elements think your project is longer than it is.

To get ride of them, press the \ key (above the Enter key) on your keyboard so that your whole movie fits on your timeline. You will see extra space beyond the end of your movie. Click and drag to select any stray clips that may be floating beyond your movie's end. (Some may be only frame or two, so you may not be able to see them.) After selecting them, press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove them.

Then press the \ key again, your timeline should now show only your movie with nothing beyond it.