1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2006 3:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Support Opera Please

Chunksachum
      In Opera it seems that by default, the option is selected to "Identify as MSIE 6.0",
      what that suggests to me is that Opera might be a more common browser than it seems at first glance.

Problem 1. Trying to upgrade to Flash Player 8, it just says "Success! You upgraded to Flash Player 7", great...

Problem 2. There doesn't seem to be any "redistributable" download, which was my next thing to attempt to find.
      Come on, people, is it that hard to let me download an actual file to my desktop/whatever and install it that way?

Problem 3. I don't think flash player 7 plays the flash video media files correctly under Opera

Problem 4. I hope you're getting paid a LOT from Yahoo! to even suggest people install their spyware-ridden bs along with something that's reasonable and useful such as flash... If it's not in the millions I think Adobe/Macromedia is shooting themselves in the foot by having ANY association with ANY software that says Yahoo! on it Anywhere lol, just lost a few reputation points in my book, anyway.

I went from "Wow Adobe and Macromedia are one now, sweet, I should buy some stock!" directly to "Oh gawd, what is this Yahoo mess, someone's making some bad decisions over there, better stay away from that sock."
        • 1. Re: Support Opera Please
          Level 7

Chunksachum wrote:
          > In Opera it seems that by default, the option is selected to "Identify as MSIE
          > 6.0",
          > what that suggests to me is that Opera might be a more common browser than it
          > seems at first glance.
          >
          > Problem 1. Trying to upgrade to Flash Player 8, it just says "Success! You
          > upgraded to Flash Player 7", great...
          >
          > Problem 2. There doesn't seem to be any "redistributable" download, which was
          > my next thing to attempt to find.
          > Come on, people, is it that hard to let me download an actual file to my
          > desktop/whatever and install it that way?

no it's not hard, it is on their website
          But, the player distribution require licensing which is done instantly.
          Once you submit the form you will get automated reply with links for
          ALL kind of installers. Regular installation via browser works for most
          or say majority of the people, what you can check by searching the forum,
          you the only post talking about Opera issue in a period of last 6 months
          what indicates that it will be strictly a problem on your end.
          There are, on the same page where the download is, links to troubleshooting
          tech notes. Try to browse few, should be able to fix your problem.

> Problem 3. I don't think flash player 7 plays the flash video media files
          > correctly under Opera

sorry, can't tell, never used Opera.

> Problem 4. I hope you're getting paid a LOT from Yahoo! to even suggest
          > people install their spyware-ridden bs along with something that's reasonable
          > and useful such as flash... If it's not in the millions I think
          > Adobe/Macromedia is shooting themselves in the foot by having ANY association
          > with ANY software that says Yahoo! on it Anywhere lol, just lost a few
          > reputation points in my book, anyway.

Same here, don't like the idea. But, keep in mind, we are dealing with huge
          corporate world, where big brothers help each other to suck us dry.
          The their defense the bar do not install by default, you need to consent to it.
          Of course, most of the people do not pay attention and get it. Done that myself

--
          Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006

<urami>
          http://www.Flashfugitive.com
          </urami>

<web junk free>
          http://www.firefox.com
          </web junk free>