3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2006 7:59 AM by kglad

embed fonts problem

bhu vidya

hi there

i need to embed quite a few fonts in my swf file - they are all Trebuchet MS, but of different sizes, and some with bold on

i created a new font in the library for each font 'type', and also set the linkage for ActionScript (load first frame)

in my actionscript code i create the text fields, but the fonts for only two types seem to be loading (ie i see the text) - none of the others load - something weird - i quit Flash, came in again, and this time two different font types loaded, and the original two (and all the rest) failed - weird huh? i definately use the correct embedded font names, and i always set the 'embedFonts' attribute of the text fields to true, AND the font size and bold is set correctly to match the embedded font required

note - i have NO text fields in on/off the stage created at author time - i create everything dynamically at runtime using ActionScript....

so, has anybody had any issues with loading embedded fonts???

please help me, i have a HUGE deadline this week!!!

tia
      bhu
        • 1. Re: embed fonts problem
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          do all your textformat objects have unique names? are you using any components in the problem swf?
          • 2. Re: embed fonts problem
            bhu vidya Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: kglad
            do all your textformat objects have unique names? are you using any components in the problem swf?

'textformat' objects? do you mean 'font objects' (as placed in the library)? if so, then yes, they all have unique names...

actually, i think i have just discovered what is going on - when you create a new font for the library, you specify a point size - now, i thought this meant that for each point size of that font i needed in my swf that i would have to create a separate font entry in the library - it appears that the font size is meaningless?!? i say this because in my code i can reference a font symbol, but set the size to anything i want, and it is sized correctly!! my missing fonts problem appears to be that flash doesn;t load subsequent font symbols of the same type face, even if they are differnt point sizes....

does that make sense?

• 3. Re: embed fonts problem
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              yes.