2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 8:58 AM by trackhorse

Where do I put fonts?

trackhorse Level 1

That's it. For CS6, used to be Users>Library>Fonts. Now, I'm using fonts that I can't find anywhere and at a loss where to install new fonts. Thanks

• 1. Re: Where do I put fonts?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What InDesign version? What computer platform?

Any version of InDesign will read the fonts if you store them in the place used on your operating system for storing fonts. With one exception, InDesign doesn't store fonts, it uses fonts the same way as any other Adobe application.

If you were on a Mac OS X version, your [home folder] > Library > Fonts would be one location. (Not in the Users folder). Another would be [computer] > Library > Fonts. The former is for your user only. The latter for all the users on the computer.

InDesign does have a special Fonts folder in the Applications folder in case you have an oddball font that doesn't work in a system location.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where do I put fonts?
            trackhorse Level 1

Hi Steve,

Using Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. All on Creative Cloud

(2015.2.1). OXS 10.11.4

I think the overall problem is a result of the fact that my hard drive

crashed about 8 weeks ago. I got a new machine, but all apps were

lost—and/or misplaced— in the data recovery process— including, it seems,

many fonts. So I think I'll have my IT guy look "under the hood" and try to

straighten it out. Thanks very much for your help

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Steve Werner <forums_noreply@adobe.com>