1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2006 5:47 AM by Newsgroup_User

Having a Transparent background

PaulD.
      I am currently making a presentation file in Authorware and I have used some Flash Movies. But I can come across a problem. When viewing the presentation on slower and older machines the Flash movies dont run properly (all jitery and jumpy). I have had some advice from the Authorware Forum, but I was wondering whether or not you can actually set the background to transparent? If anyone has any experience using Authorware then you will know that there is a feature called 'Direct To Screen'. This makes the Flash Movies run how they should, but it shows the background of the Flash Movie which I dont want. You can set it to transparent but as I just said on older computers it causes they Flash Movies to run very slow and are very jumpy.
      So, finally is there a way of getting around this?? Can I have a transparent background??
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Having a Transparent background
          Level 7
          search the forum for "WMODE" or "transparent background" - heavily discussed for years - lots of
          pros and cons (possibly may find more cons).

-chris

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

PaulD. wrote:
          > I am currently making a presentation file in Authorware and I have used some
          > Flash Movies. But I can come across a problem. When viewing the presentation
          > on slower and older machines the Flash movies dont run properly (all jitery and
          > jumpy). I have had some advice from the Authorware Forum, but I was wondering
          > whether or not you can actually set the background to transparent? If anyone
          > has any experience using Authorware then you will know that there is a feature
          > called 'Direct To Screen'. This makes the Flash Movies run how they should,
          > but it shows the background of the Flash Movie which I dont want. You can set
          > it to transparent but as I just said on older computers it causes they Flash
          > Movies to run very slow and are very jumpy.
          > So, finally is there a way of getting around this?? Can I have a transparent
          > background??
          > Thanks.
          >