9 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 4:46 PM by edo86087683

Hands front Heads

edo86087683

Hello guys...

I wonder if there is any way to move the same arm underside of the torso and across his head. Or any other way to solve the problem .

• 1. Re: Hands front Heads
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

Yes - it all depends on your layer order. In your case, if you wanted an arm to go over the body and head, I would structure it with the body group above the head group, and the arm layer inside the body group but above everything else. If you have your arms and body all on the same layer, you'll get some clipping/interference when they collide because they're all on the same plane - so it's always a good idea to separate out arms from the body if you're dragging them.

• 2. Re: Hands front Heads
            edo86087683 Level 1

Thank you, Okay,

I will try here. But only in practice to know because I'm not understanding it as an arm above the head will react to the body of the group.

Leveraging is an honor to have your answer. His videos are didactic without being boring. I have learned quite bold and some not listed experiences. Soon share some work on youtube ... so well dominate this amazing software.

• 3. Re: Hands front Heads
              edo86087683 Level 1

Oh, I had forgotten ...

my attempts would be with the same arm. he is already separated into a folder, but would like to try somehow he changed his plan, or I had available to it in some copies, each one a level, perhaps.

And sorry my english. I am Brazilian and I am using a translator.

• 4. Re: Hands front Heads
                edo86087683 Level 1

And not wanting to be wordy, ha ha ha, imagine a character taking a hidden gift back and showing in front of the torso. entitled to move poela front of the face. As a mask, for example.

thanks

• 5. Re: Hands front Heads

For that, you would probably need "front" and "behind" layers/groups with your arms and key trigger them - so maybe press F to show the front one and B to show the behind one. There are other ways to do it too, but it could get tricky and complex!

• 6. Re: Hands front Heads
                    edo86087683 Level 1

The problem of exchanging arms with commands may be just in the transition and positions of difference between them. Let's imagine the object coming out behind his back again, not completely, and suddenly appearing on the front. Or even the adjustment of an arm "A" matching "B" in real time.

If you are not abusing too much, maybe you or someone the team can do some kind of tutorial or even post here an example of how would be an order of layers, please.

I believe that the issue raised is of interest to other people who are discovering the program.

Thanks again, sorry for the inconvenience, and I follow with the tests.

• 7. Re: Hands front Heads
                      edo86087683 Level 1

"There are other ways to do it too, but it could get tricky and complex!"

Teach us, please! :)

• 8. Re: Hands front Heads

More tutorials are on the way - hopefully for the Preview 4 launch this summer! I'm busy scripting them out now.

The best example I've seen a user do with this was using cycle layers. So they had the arms not draggable, but completely frame-by-frame animation driven. The hands started on the character's lap, but then with a key trigger, the character reached behind himself and pulled out a sign. If you only need the hands behind the character for a split second like this to grab something, this may be the way to go.

This video shows a little bit more about some simple cycle layers. Instead of the eyes or mouth I show here, imagine doing this with the arms.

https://youtu.be/Wc8kD1rn8ds?t=4m28s

• 9. Re: Hands front Heads
                          edo86087683 Level 1

Yes, I had thought of cycle layers, and already used in some experiments, precisely for this tutorial and the flying robot. I think that will be the way, if it does not bug in transition.

again, thank you ... I am a follower of the channel for a while