It's not registering the extension bundle, which I think is due to a symlink issue that I'm currently trying to debug - but it would be nice to have a "file not found" somewhere as a confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction.
So does your extension work if you put it in this location? ->
C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/
Yes, that's one of the locations where production distribution works - the location isn't the problem.
I'm just looking to see if there's some feedback I can obtain from launching Premiere from the CL so I can determine something like an extension not loading because it can't find the files.
We never test following symlinks; PPro expects the actual files to be in the right location.
You can also turn up the log level, next to where you turned on the loading of debug panels:
The LogLevel key can be updated at the following location (The application should be restarted for the log level changes to take effect):
For example of Mac, in the terminal do:
defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.6 LogLevel 6
In CEP 6.1 and later releases, CEPHtmlEngine generates logs. Each CEPHtmlEngine instance usually genereate two log files, one for browser process, the other for renderer process.
These files are generated with the following naming conventions:
- Browser process: CEPHtmlEngine<versionNumber>-<>-<HostVersion>-<ExtensionID>.log
- Renderer process: CEPHtmlEngine<versionNumber>-<>-<HostVersion>-<ExtensionID>-renderer.log
They are also controlled by the PlugPlug log level.
In CEP 4.0 - 6.0, the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) in CEPHtmlEngine also generates a log:
In CEP 6.1 and later releases, this log is merged into CEPHtmlEngine log.
Yeah, thanks Bruce. I found all that in the CEP resources on Github last week. It was actually really helpful having those log files. Got that problem solved, now I've got a bunch of node issues.
Definitely, Davide's is usually the first place I stop on updates. But these are actual node issues, transpiling packages on dev builds and stuff. Stuff that's been working for months but all of a sudden doesn't. Not anything to do with Premiere. Thanks though!