2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2006 6:33 PM by abeall

Colour matching problems

PiperOz
      Hi all
      Just a Fireworks amateur but use it alot at work. Suddenly in the last few days I have found that when I go to change for eg a canvas colour to match some other colour that using the eyedropper the colour is not being matched correctly. The shade that appears in the new canvas is quite different eg selecting pale blue to match to and getting mauve. Obviously I have changed some setting I am not aware of. How can I get back to it perfectly matching colours like it did before?
        • 1. Re: Colour matching problems
          Level 7
          PiperOz wrote:
          > Hi all
          > Just a Fireworks amateur but use it alot at work. Suddenly in the last few
          > days I have found that when I go to change for eg a canvas colour to match some
          > other colour that using the eyedropper the colour is not being matched
          > correctly. The shade that appears in the new canvas is quite different eg
          > selecting pale blue to match to and getting mauve. Obviously I have changed
          > some setting I am not aware of. How can I get back to it perfectly matching
          > colours like it did before?
          >

Try change the sampling size for the eyedropper from and averaging
          setting to 1 pixel in the Properties inspector. Zooming in can also help.

HTH!
          --
          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
          Extending Knowledge, Daily
          http://www.communityMX.com/
          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
          ---
          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Colour matching problems
            abeall Level 3
            Also check that View>Macintosh Gamma(or it would be View>Windows Gamma if you are on a mac) is not checked. That shifts the screen output to simulate what it will look like on the inverse OS(quite handy, actually), but the problem is it will also cause the eyedropper to pick up the offset shade rather than the "true" shade it should be.