5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 4:00 PM by Sqwirrel

Lightroom Presets folder problem

Sqwirrel

After downloading and installing some presets today, they did not appear in Lightroom (5) on a Windows 10 PC.

In File Explorer they are all shown in the Lightroom Develop Presets folder where I copied them to.

But, in Lightroom if I select "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" in Edit Preferences and tick "Store presets with this catalogue", then click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder", it takes me to the main "Pictures" folder on my computer, and there are no presets there, just the Lightroom main folder and "Pictures go here" plus a load of purple icons.

If I untick the "Store presets with this catalogue" then click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder", it takes me to Windows C, User name - myname - AppData - roaming - Adobe.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom, but still having the same problem.

How can I make the "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" point to the Develop Presets folder, and the presets appear in Lightroom?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Presets folder problem
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Sqwirrel,

If you check "Store presets with this catalog", then it shows the presets which are stored in the Presets folder in Pictures\Lightroom.

You can keep that option unchecked so that it will show all the presets in Appdata-Roaming-Adobe-Lightroom-Develop Presets folder

and after unchecking that option, close and relaunch Lightroom and check for those presets in the Develop Module.

If not available, go to develop module in Lightroom, right click on the User Presets panel > choose Import> go to the location where those .lrtemplate files are stored and select them in order to load them.

Regards

Chetna

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Presets folder problem
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Copy, Move, them to the User Preset folder for the specific module, function, you are trying to add them to. Then check the User Preset section in that module.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lightroom Presets folder problem
              Sqwirrel Level 1

Thank you.

I have done what you said, but they still do not show.

When I right click on the User Presets panel and choose import, I cannot navigate to the Appdata-Roaming-Adobe-Lightroom-Develop Presets folder. I cannot locate it in File Explorer.

I have tried to copy all the presets again and paste them into the Develop presets folder again, they still don't show.

I can navigate to the Develop Presets folder by opening File Manager, but I cannot navigate to it from within Lightroom. 

• 4. Re: Lightroom Presets folder problem
                Sqwirrel Level 1

I don't know if I am explaining myself clearly.

In File Explorer I can see all the Presets in the User Presets Folder.

I cannot navigate to that folder from Lightroom.

• 5. Re: Lightroom Presets folder problem
                  Sqwirrel Level 1

Eureka!

I restarted my computer again, and at last they have appeared.

Thanks for all your help.