2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2016 2:47 AM by markor44608207

sub puppet in Ch colored in different color than in AI

markor44608207 Level 1

Hi,

the character in the AI is pink but when I import it to Ch, left hand turns black. Any other color works just fine, but when I use the color I need, just the hand goes black...

Also, if you have any advice on how to make the hands move (they are attached to the head in this case since the character has no body), that would be a huge help.

Cheers!

Dropbox - farty princess Ch2.ai

• 1. Re: sub puppet in Ch colored in different color than in AI
          Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

Thanks for sharing the file.

To make the left hand appear properly, enable the "Render As Image" option -- select any skin layer in the Puppet panel (any layer with a small square icon), then you should see the "Render As Image" option in the Properties panel's Skin section. The upcoming Preview 4 release will have this option default to on, so puppets match artwork more closely by default.

Regarding your other question... you can add Draggable handles to the hands. I saw that you had a Draggable handle at the top of the racket, so I removed that. I also made each arm a subpuppet that warps independently (layer name prefixed with a "+"), added a custom origin handle for each, and used an attachTo instruction to attach each subpuppet arm to a shoulder handle. See how this works for you:

Adobe Creative Cloud

This type of thing will be easier to set up in the upcoming Preview 4 as well.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: sub puppet in Ch colored in different color than in AI
            markor44608207 Level 1

Perfect! The stuff you did with the hands will help me a lot with my other characters as well. Can't believe how smooth the arms can move without distorting the whole character.

Jeff, tnx a ton!

Cheers!