3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2006 11:45 AM by Roboguy

Webhelp Enterprise Pro Search problems - Robegine

Roboguy
      I have two projects (250 merged projects within each – 1-5 topics each with about 4-5 links within each project)

Each project works fine – index and search working fine. However when combine the search fails. Everthing else is is still OK. When you select search and enter a term such as travel – it takes a long time and returns a “sorry message” The term travel works and returns topics and documents as expected wihin each project.

Here is the error messages

Error Search failed Unable to perform a search. The following error occured: Server recovery from a problem: Location: CSALSearch: oSearch, Query: travel..

Failed to analyze the user's question and reported an error message. See the error message for more information.

Primary data Server recovery from a problem: Location: CSALSearch: oSearch, Query: travel.

Any clues or hints?

Text
        • 1. Re: Webhelp Enterprise Pro Search problems - Robegine
          ~LivingProof~
          Given the error message, I assume that this is set up with RoboEngine? If so, I suspect your NLA files may be corrupt. Try walkting through this TechNote:

http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_e31824
          • 2. Re: Webhelp Enterprise Pro Search problems - Robegine
            Roboguy Level 1
            Thank you. Since there are a large number of projects, Wilde guess as to which one of 526 files are corrupt? I am taking the following steps; Stop service. Delete all items under the reserved folder web, - which includes the NLA files. Restart service and then refresh Roboengine.

Will confirm results - - I need to confer with webmaster to assist.
            • 3. Re: Webhelp Enterprise Pro Search problems - Robegine
              Roboguy Level 1
              update based upon suggestions by LivingProof - Thanks
              Using Roboengine 5 on Server Windows 2000 5 Service pack 4 Authoring with RH X5 Webhelp Pro/Enterprise output Latest patches
              - Rebuilt both test server and production server - deleting all items in the Reserved folder (NLA files)
              - This is large (at least to me since has 509 projects
              Result -
              a merged project of 270 procedures - now has the same CSALSearch error. However if I remove ANY one of 7 projects from the merged parent Search will work with no CSAL Search errors. The same result on the production server. I have had the server webmaster validate against the permission doc. OK

There are other project of various sizes that work OK like before. But now I have to decommission the search for the 270 set manual. What I was left to do was hard wire the topics for the 7 items in the TOC instead of Merge. I place PDF copies in the DOcument folder for search.

IS there other methods for integrating search with other engines etc?

I o am curious why the error messages stats Server Recovering from a Problem part of the error message. What would the server be revoring from and why can I not see it in the server event log?

Any clues or futher hints?