1 Reply Latest reply on May 15, 2016 11:42 PM by Mylenium

Still Image Quality Loss After Pasting Tracking Data from Mocha AE into After Effects

oliviabrandel

I utilized Mocha AE to do planar tracking on a rooftop in a 4k video. I successfully tracked it, specifying the rooftop as the tracking surface. I copied the tracking information into After Effects CC 2015 onto a still image that I wanted to place on the rooftop. However, upon doing that, my still image (size: 6594 × 3744 pixels) appears to have undergone a drastic loss of quality, being almost entirely blurred even when it isn’t scaled up. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Still Image Quality Loss After Pasting Tracking Data from Mocha AE into After Effects
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, I think you have some wrong expectations and a wrong understanding. Any resizing cause resampling and the larger discrepancy between the target size and source size, the stronger the effect. Non-perepndicular spatial sampling such as it occurs when warping images into perspective further contributes to that. There is really no point in using an excessively large image and then trying to pop it on to what may only be a tiny spec in your image. Resize the image to a sensible size beforehand and no doubt things will look a lot better.

Mylenium