8 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2016 6:53 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

Using saveAS on a PDF form opened in Outlook

louiso36853280

Hi Guys and Gals (assuming there are some Nerdy Gals out there )

I have this lovely expense claim form I created and want to have it approved electronically, meaning I will fill out the form and click a "Submit" button to email it to my boss for approval. This all works fine.

When my boss gets the email in Outlook, he double-clicks the attached expense form to review. Hopefully he will click "Approve" at the bottom

The "Approve" button tries to save the Form using this.saveAs in a privileged context.to a trusted location on the bosses hard disk.

That's where it all goes wrong....

Anyway here's my code:

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\Javascripts I have a script called MyTrusted.js:

var MySavesAs=app.trustedFunction(

function(oDoc,cPath,cFlName)

{

cPath=cPath.replace(/([^/])$/,"$1/");

try{

oDoc.saveAs(cPath+cFlName);

}catch(e){

app.alert("Error during save");

}

}

)

I'm sure Thom Parker will recognise this, cos he wrote it!

In the mouseUp JavaScript for my button, I have

if (typeof(MySaveAs)=="function")

{

var MyPath="C:/AIF/";

var MyFileName=this.documentFileName;

MySaveAs(this,MyPath,MyFileName);

}

Anyway. When the boss opens the attached pdf in Outlook, it is cached in C:\outlookcache\

When he hits the Approve button with the aforementioned button script, he gets "Error during save" from the trusted function MySaveAs.

I have tried to add the directory C:\outlookcache\ to the list of Privileged Locations under the Enhanced Security Preferences, Reader doesn't accept this.

If the Boss manually Clicks File>Save As and saves to C:\AIF\ (which IS on the list of Privileged Locations), and then opens that file from that location he can approve without problems i.e. the script works perfectly.

So, how do I get around this security restriction?

"Enable Protected Mode at Startup" has been switched off, as has "Enable Enhanced Security" but to no availPreferences.jpg

Please tell me I am doing something wrong!!

Louis