Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer won't accept my ID/password

New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I just downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and whenever I try to registrate my computer with the ID, it tells my that either my ID or password is wrong. I've already changed my password and am able to log in on the Adobe ID website, but the program still won't accept it. The strange thing is, on my laptop everything works perfectly (there I've downloaded the program a few years ago and it worked instantly).

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to reset the password ans used only Letters and Numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I already did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you get the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. It's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can login with your password on Homepage of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem : my ID and password are accepted on the Website but in the meantime, although my computer is still connected on Internet, I receive an error message.

Has anabody found a solution inbetween ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get which error message exaclty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message :

Adobe Digital Editions n'a pas pu se connecter au serveur d'activation.

Assurez-vous d'être connecté à Internet.

Which means : "ADE coudn't connect to the activation server. Make sure that you are connected to Internet."

1) I'am connected.

2) I tried to change password.

3) I uninstalled ADE, thinking that the new version was not compatible with my OS : Windows Vista.

4) I installed ADE 4.0.1 etc...

--> Same result ie same error message.

Therefore, I cannot read ebooks proposed by my library.

Thanks for your answer.

D. Marcillaud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error mean that has no access to the activation server. Has you check if the Firewall anything blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice but even without firewall, it still doesn't work.

D.M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you also check the firewall of your router?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I did have access to the ebooks I downloaded from my university account however now its asking to enter my Adobe Id and password.  It now says incorrect username or password?  I use the same adobe id and password to access the adobe website and no problems just with this product.

I had a 'chat' online with Vipin from adobe, however no advice expect to come here.  I think that I will have to get advice from my university network and since I have good relationships with the Student Union I will definitely mention that this company is not helpful especially when it affects your life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you are installing or updating, that is MOST LIKELY your computer operating system asking you to prove that you have permission by asking for your COMPUTER password, not your Adobe password https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2139902

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines