5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 4:55 AM by jane-e

CC libraries palette, pops up all the time...

bobtem Level 1

I found one thread about this subject, but need to ask anew...

Every time I fire up InDesign, that pesky CC Libraries palette pops up – and I don't want it to. As a workaround, I've tried to integrate the palette into my custom workspace of palettes. But anytime I open a new doc, or re-open InDesign, the libraries palette just pops up on it's own separate from the rest of the palettes.

Is there a setting to control the behavior of this palette?

• 1. Re: CC libraries palette, pops up all the time...
          bobtem Level 1

I think I figured out how to control it.

When it pops up, close it. Then either save over your current current workspace, or save a new workspace. Then it should not appear anymore, until you ask it to. (I'm still not sure exactly how manage workspace settings. Sometimes it seems like any shift you make to your palette arrangement gets automatically saved to whatever current workspace you have selected – but then that would mean closing one of the palettes, the CC libraries for example, should also update the current workspace, and not show up. I don't know, at least for now the issue seems to be fixed).

• 2. Re: CC libraries palette, pops up all the time...
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The most common reason for having the Library panel pop open are some unfortunate default settings in the current version of InDesign. But they can be changed.

Open the Swatches panel, and choose New Color Swatch. Uncheck Add to CC Library. Open the Paragraph Styles and Character Styles panels. From the panel menu(s), choose New Paragraph Style or New Character Style. Similarly, Uncheck Add to CC Library.

These are sticky settings and you probably won't be bothered.

• 3. Re: CC libraries palette, pops up all the time...
              jane-e Adobe Community Professional

If you are using the workspace called Essentials and you reset it, the CC Libraries panel will open.

If you switch to Advanced and reset it, the CC Libraries will remain closed. It is also closed with some of the other preset workspaces.

And you can create your own New Workspace where the dreaded panel does not even exist!

(Not a big deal, but they have been called panels ever since Adobe bought Macromedia.)

In addition, be sure to follow what Steve said.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CC libraries palette, pops up all the time...
                fraserr9121494 Level 1

What works for me: I minimise the palette and park it over the top of the purple-outlined 'Publish Online' ad. It's out of the way, it seems to stay put, and kills two gripes with one stone.

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 2.47.15 PM.png

1 person found this helpful