1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2016 12:34 AM by Loic.Aigon

Unable to apply cell style after importing

aviR Level 1

Hi all

I am importing an xml into indesign which gets imported but the cell style is not getting applied.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<body>

<table-wrap id="t1" position="float" orientation="portrait">

<Table xmlns:aid5="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/5.0" xmlns:aid="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/4.0/" aid:table="table" aid:trows="1" aid:tcols="6">

<td aid5:cellstyle="Cell Style_1" colspan="2" rowcount="2" aid:table="cell" aid:crows="1" aid:ccols="2"><b>Structure</b></td>

<td aid5:cellstyle="Cell Style_1" rowcount="2" aid:table="cell" aid:crows="1" aid:ccols="1"><b>Description</b></td>

<td aid5:cellstyle="Cell Style_1" rowcount="2" aid:table="cell" aid:crows="1" aid:ccols="1"><b>Description</b></td>

</Table>

</oasis:tgroup>

</table-wrap>

</body>

Where is it wrong?

Please suggest

Thank You

• 1. Re: Unable to apply cell style after importing
          Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi

You have an obvious issue with the closing tag oasis:tgroup without opening tag.

However, that's weird. I looked into your sample and discarded every single source of errors (at the end yoru sample was identical to some Adobe sample). And in all cases, your sample fails. So my last guess (and it's a two cents one) is that some character encodings is messing things up.

Try creating a sample table (inside indesign), tag it, export it. Then add cell styles in a xml editor and re-import. That should work proving that the problem is not the syntax itself but the encoding.

Unless I am wrong.

Loic