16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 10:43 AM by Sue Garibaldi

capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

anthonyc29191230 Level 1

capture not syncing with Creative Cloud any ideas?

• 1. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Anthony,

Can you give me a bit more detail about what's going on?

Sue.

• 2. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
            oscare1912071

Sue,

As the poster stated I am having issues with syncing. The other day I made about 5 looks and they worked just fine. In the evening I made another 25 looks but when I got back to my editing station they weren't updated. I did a quick test and made a new library and uploaded a new look to that library and it worked out. So its communicating with each other so I'm confused to why this isn't appearing in my premiere Library. Is there a manual sync button on the app that would attempt to sync it again? The internet connection is not the issue and basic rebooting has already been attempted with no changes.

• 3. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Oscar,

Check in your Libraries panel for this sync icon. I'm attaching a screenshot from Illustrator CC but I suspect it's in any desktop app that has the Libraries panel.

Let me know if that works.

Sue.

Capture_ Ai_CCIcon.jpg

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                kymmh45326610

Here is what is happening w/ me.

I create amazing patterns and such on my phone.  When I am in Photoshop I only see a few things from like the first day I used it.  I even created a new library called "patterns".  In Photoshop I see 8 things in it. On my phone I have 22 things.

I tried clicking the sync button.  It says that it is synced but nothing changes.

I am logged into the correct acct on my phone (only have one) and desktop.

It behaves like I have two accts almost.

• 5. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Kymm,

I'm sorry Capture's not syncing correctly. Can you check something for me? Log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and see if you see all your Capture assets there.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sue.

• 6. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                    kymmh45326610 Level 1

I logged into the creative cloud from my phone. The "pattern" file has zero assets. "My library " has 17 assets.

• 7. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Kymm,

OK, to see if it's a bug in that library, can you try creating a new library then move one or two assets from the first library into the new one. Here's how to do that:

* You can do it online at https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries and in the upper right hand corner under Actions choose Create Library

* Or you can do it in Capture by tapping on the library name in the upper nav, then in the library menu that opens tap + Create New Library from the pop-up menu

Once you have a new library, try moving a couple of your patterns to it.

The easiest way to do that is to duplicate them then move them:

* Tap on any asset you want to move. Once it opens in the Preview screen tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Then tap Duplicate. A pop-up menu will open and in it you'll have the ability to choose the library you want to move it into. Move it to the new one

Once you have one or two assets in the new library on your device make sure you have a good wireless connection and log in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries to see if the assets are showing up. (You can force a sync in the app by opening the library you want to sync and pulling/down.)

Let me know if you can see the patterns in the new library on assets.adobe.com.

Sue.

• 8. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                        igordugonjic Level 1

same here, cc libraries report that something went wrong, uninstalled the app, bb

• 9. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Hi Igor.

I'm not sure whether you want to reinstall Capture, but if you do, can you follow the steps I gave to Kymm? Starting first with logging  in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and see if you see all your Capture assets there.

Then if you can't see them there either,  try creating a new library then move one or two assets from the first library into the new one. Here's how to do that:

* You can do it online at Adobe Creative Cloud  and in the upper right hand corner under Actions choose Create Library

* Or you can do it in Capture by tapping on the library name in the upper nav, then in the library menu that opens tap + Create New Library from the pop-up menu

Once you have a new library, try moving a couple of your patterns to it.

The easiest way to do that is to duplicate them then move them:

* Tap on any asset you want to move. Once it opens in the Preview screen tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Then tap Duplicate. A pop-up menu will open and in it you'll have the ability to choose the library you want to move it into. Move it to the new one

Once you have one or two assets in the new library on your device make sure you have a good wireless connection and log in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries to see if the assets are showing up. (You can force a sync in the app by opening the library you want to sync and pulling/down.)

Please let me know what happens.

Sue

• 10. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                            kymmh45326610 Level 1

The new library was created on my desktop.  Everything was put in it.  I deleted the other two libraries.

I go to Capture on my phone.  The two deleted libraries are still there.  Except now the patterns library is empty.  My Library (recovered, recovered, recovered......)  is also still there.  it has some patterns in it.  Mostly it has the photos used to create the patterns and not the actual patterns.

The new library is also there. I created something new and put it in the new library.  It does not go into the cloud and I cannot see it on my desktop.  Force syncing did not help.

I've also tried logging out and back into the cloud.

It seems the that the cloud communicates with my phone only partially

• 11. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Hi Kymm,

Yep, it definitely sounds like what you've done on the web just hasn't, for some reason, synced to your phone. A couple of questions:

Are you leaving the app and your device open over a good wireless connection? How is your wireless connection?

Also,  can you check the sync setting in the app? Tap the Capture icon. Then from the menu that opens tap on the field with your email address. If the Sync Only on Wifi toggle is set "On," set that toggle "Off" and see if sync works.

Let me know.

Sue.

• 12. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                                kymmh45326610 Level 1

so I tapped on the field w/ my email address.  There are no options. It says Sync Location and a circle w/ 0% in it.  (0.8MB / 20GB) .  That is pretty much it.  My name... United States and what I just described. No option to change how and when it syncs.

• 13. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                                  kymmh45326610 Level 1

And Sue, I wanted you to know I appreciate you working w/ me on this.

• 14. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Kymm.

I've never asked this because I just assumed you were on an iOS (I don't know why), but now I have a few questions:
                                    What version of Capture are you using? (Tap on the Capture icon then About Capture)?

What device are you using and what mobile operating system?

I've sort of lost track of what you can and can't see on your device and on the web but what's really important right now is what you assets you can see when you log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud. Can you see all/any of your assets there?

Let me know.

Sue.

• 15. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud
                                      kymmh45326610 Level 1

Okay, now I feel like a crazy woman. 

I started to answer your question and opened the libraries on my desktop.

All the patterns I created in the test library this morning are there. The old library seems to have everything too.

I'm using a Galaxy s5 and it just had a new update.

I have no idea if that has anything to do with it working now.

***sigh***

I feel like I wasted your time.  I really appreciate the help though.

• 16. Re: capture not syncing with Creative Cloud

Kymm.

You know... it's not a waste of time if things are working. That's all I really care about. Things like this (other than corrupt libraries) can frequently be attributed to a good wireless connection; they're super necessary for the apps to sync correctly.

But you know what? I'm just happy it's all good now.

Sue.