4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 3:38 AM by Mohammad Tahseen

Make a Video from stills to play on DVD player

Impaler_

Hello:

I am trying to make a video or movie for my daughter's graduating class.

What would be the best way to create a movie or video from stills that would run on a DVD player?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

• 1. Re: Make a Video from stills to play on DVD player
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Start a new project. Make sure that you've selected the settings for DV Standard 720x480.

Resize all photos that are to be used in your project to 1000x750 pixels in size (72 ppi).

Add the still photos to your project's timeline. Add a musical soundtrack if you'd like.

For added effect, select each photo on the timeline and select Pan & Zoom from the Tools. Create a simple pan & zoom for each photo.

Use Export & Share/Disc/DVD to output the movie to DVD. (Assuming you're using version 14.)

• 2. Re: Make a Video from stills to play on DVD player
            Impaler_ Level 1

Thanks Steve! I will give it a try. Is Premier Pro or Premier Elements the correct software to do this in? I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

• 3. Re: Make a Video from stills to play on DVD player
              whsprague Level 4

Impaler_ wrote:

Thanks Steve! I will give it a try. Is Premier Pro or Premier Elements the correct software to do this in? I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

I'll try to answer for Steve.

Premier Elements is fully capable for what you want to do.  I've used it for what you describe.  You buy a perpetual license for it for about $70.

Steve's procedure is the same as I've used with one difference.  He insists you have to resize photos.  I insist you don't.   He is smarter than I am, so when it doubt, do it his way. 

Premier Pro is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud services.  You rent it for $20 a month or packaged with everything Adobe offers for $50 a month.  Premier Pro CC has more capabilities than Premier Elements.  They are aimed at people who make Hollywood Blockbusters, Documentaries, etc.  For example, there are more useful tools to incorporate multi camera shoots.  Google for "premiere elements vs premiere cc" and you will find plenty or reading.

• 4. Re: Make a Video from stills to play on DVD player
                Mohammad Tahseen Adobe Employee

I am not sure how fluent you are in terms of Video editing. However, there is a feature called Video Story which is relatively easy when it comes to creating a story.

There is Graduation Day template in VideoStory in Premiere Elements. You might want to give that a try. You can add images to chapters there. It does apply auto pan to images and adds scores also. You can Preview the output and if you are not happy with the output , you can change individual elements there also. That will some require patience but you will be amazed with the result.