2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2006 9:00 PM by zupko

Trouble Linking content within Attached Movieclip

evolutionary_effect
      Ok, so as the title indicated I am having trouble linking a flv file with a playback component via actionscript. Here's a breakdown of what's going on:

At the root level I have attached a movieclip named Navigation. Inside of Navigation is a button that attaches another movieclip, named List, also at the root level. Inside of List is another button that attaches a third movielcip, named Movie.

Inside of Movie is an FLVPlayback component, instance name Player, with no content linked. The code for the button in List is as follows:

on (release) {
      _root.attachMovie("movie", "movie1", 3);
      _root.movie1._x = 250;
      _root.movie1._y = 0;
      _root.movie1.player.contentPath= " http://home.comcast.net/~ptgerke/one.flv"
      }

So the button in List successfully attaches Movie, and positions it correctly, but the FLVPlayback component, Player, never establishes connection with the flv file that I tried to direct it to.

Is there something simple that I'm messing up on?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if I didn't do a well enough job describing the situation. Let me know and I can further clarify or provide the .fla file or something.

Thanks

Pat