4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 6:51 AM by Just Shoot Me

Develop mode shows out-of-focus images

EdenE

Hi, I have a problem with my lightroom 5.7.1 on my macbook pro

almost every RAW photo in develop mode shows as out of focus or blurry.
      If I look at the picture outside lightroom it is perfectly sharp. How can I fix this?

thank you.

• 1. Re: Develop mode shows out-of-focus images
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you please post a screenshot of Lightroom develop Window illustrating the issue.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Develop mode shows out-of-focus images
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Give LR time to display the full RAW image data. To demosaic the data and then display it.

What the other programs you are using to view the images is showing you the embedded JPG image and not the RAW data.

Depending on the speed of the CPU in your system, the amount of RAM installed and the number of other programs or services that are running on your system it can take a few seconds to quit a few second before the image comes into true focus. That is if you actually took In Focus pictures.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Develop mode shows out-of-focus images
              EdenE Level 1

I do wait and i can see the change, the photo does sharpen a little but not like the preview in my computer.
              There is any option to show the embedded JPG in lightroom too?

• 4. Re: Develop mode shows out-of-focus images
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

EdenE wrote:

I do wait and i can see the change, the photo does sharpen a little but not like the preview in my computer.
                There is any option to show the embedded JPG in lightroom too?

Why would you want the embedded JPG to show in LR. The reason the embedded jpg looks sharper is it is smaller and probably has some sharpening apply to it by the camera.

The whole point of shooting RAW is so "YOU" can determine what adjustment are applied to the image and not what whoever wrote the software for the camera thinks it should look like.

Just set the camera to capture, record, both RAW and JPG then you will have a full size JPG image along with the RAW image. Then you can use the JPG if you like or adjust the RAW to your liking.