3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 4:51 AM by MADink_Designs27

Form Updates: How do you copy/paste all JavaScript from one pdf to another?

MADink_Designs27 Level 1

I feel like I have asked this question before on the old acrobatusers.com forum but can't seem to find it...

Anyway, I create a lot of forms and use a lot of JavaScript in them. The form designs/features/functions are updated quite regularly, and I'd like to find out a way to make the process of adding the scripting back in not so tedious.

I can't seem to just copy and paste in JavaScript Panel > All JavaScripts or JavaScript Panel > Document Actions > Edit All

Is there a script or another way to do this or am I stuck with recreating document scripts and pasting scripts in each individual interactive object?

A little about my workflow:

I use InDesign CC to create the form layouts and fields and try to do as much in InDesign as possible. There are a few caveats and possibilities of issues between the two programs, but more often than not, I can manage around those issues.

Prior to InDesign having the capabilities of creating forms, I used to design the form in InDesign, export then lay out all of the fields by hand, which was again tedious. When I made updates to the design, I would replace the background in the PDF and move the fields around.