3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 11:01 AM by christophvenckus

Pasted Mocha Corner Pin to AE Solid -> not tracking properly

christophvenckus

So I'm working on a project where I need to replace a screen w/ a solid (so I can later track matte that solid over a video, but that's not really important).

I tracked it correctly in Mocha, copied corner pin (supports motion blur) tracking data, pasted it to my full comp-sized white solid.  I pasted on the first frame and it fits beautifully. The problem is that over time the white solid moves and scales slightly off track of the video.

I'm completely stumped. It's tracking perfectly in mocha, my comp is the same size in Mocha, and the white solid starts out as the same comp size.

I have checked to make sure all assets are 1920x1080, same PAR in both After Effects and Mocha.

The position/scale of the video doesn't change, but the white solid's position and scale do when I paste in the corner pin data.  I assume that's all fine (since the actual camera zooms in in the clip), I just don't understand why it's slightly off when the comp sizes are all identical.

Here's when I paste in the first frame:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 12.10.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-18 at 12.20.23 PM.png

Here's what happens to the white solid over time:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 12.09.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-18 at 12.09.43 PM.png

And for ***** and giggles, here's my Mocha screen tracking somewhere near the end of the clip.  It's track is perfect here, just not when I paste to AE. Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 12.24.58 PM.png

Thanks in advance for any advice!