3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 3:12 AM by maxoncomputergmbh

Script Error on startup

teipurauphotos

Getting a strange error on startup. I have completely uninstalled cleaned and reinstalled creative cloud but still getting it.

Running After Effects CC 2015 on Yosemite.

Any help would be appreciated

Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 5.01.25 pm.png

Thanks

• 1. Re: Script Error on startup
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It could be a permissions issue. Some tiny little folder somewhere buried in your folder structure isn't set right.

Alternatively, it could be some third-party script messing with things. You haven't installed any scripts or plugins yet, have you?

• 2. Re: Script Error on startup
            UQg Level 4

I can't be 100% sure since i havent reinstalled After Effects for a while, but i think that unistalling After Effects will only remove the AE package, that is, only things that have been installed by Adobe. Meaning: third party scripts are not removed.

So, even if you have uninistalled/reinstalled, still check that you don't have a third party script in the Scripts/Startup folder.

The list of files in that folder is normally :

• 1_startup.jsx
            • About the Startup folder.txt
            • commandLineRenderer.jsx

Anything else should be third party.

Xavier

• 3. Re: Script Error on startup
              maxoncomputergmbh

I'm running into the same issue with a fresh AE install (no AE was ever installed before). Are there any solutions to this issue?

The script / startup folder only has the three files mentioned above.