• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows User won't forget ADE

New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been having a lot of problems with my Adobe ID and Adobe Digital Editions. Tried uninstalling it from computer (six or seven times) but each time I reinstall, it's like I never uninstalled it, My ID is automatically signed in so my problems persist (My Kobo won't recognize new transferred books even though it worked fine last night). I tried a new trick and made a new Windows user and signed in my Adobe ID and it worked. It only solves my problem temporarily since my books are all on my other Windows account and I'm not going to create a news Windows account everytime ADE stops working and I have to uninstall it. I've seen on the forum that the original problem is happening a lot and to many people (Library books not recognizable from Kobo when Adobe ID hasn't been changed either on Kobo or on computer). Is there anyway to make my computer (windows account #1) forget that I ever had ADE intalled?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

It worked for me. Follow the stream and delete the adept folder. May take a little time for your computer to cycle the change. Unplug and plug in your device. Click help to authorize.

Thanks, Nanaky!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all applications.
Choose Start > Run.
In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
Select the Adept key.
Choose File > Export.
In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
Close the Registry Editor.
Open Adobe Digital Editions and you can enter your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several times but it doesn't work. When I try to unauthorize, It asks me my ADE ID password and even though I know it's the right one, it says try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try the steps which i write?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, like I wrote I tried several times. Either I didn't delete the right thing (though it was the only "key" in the Adept section?!?) or didn't work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You delete the complet folder/key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to delete the whole folder? Because I only deleted the key itself. That might be the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Follow the stream and delete the adept folder. May take a little time for your computer to cycle the change. Unplug and plug in your device. Click help to authorize.

Thanks, Nanaky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines