4 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 9:52 PM by johnf72777043

Lightroom 6 will not load

johnf72777043

I trialled LR 6 then decided to buy it. I continued to use the trial version. I have recently gone to do some work after a period of non use to find the trial has expired. OK, so installed the purchased download. When I launch LR now it continues to display expired notice and will not open as new version. I have rebooted the Mac to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

Im running OS X 10.10.5

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 will not load
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It wasn't necessary to install from the DVD because it is the same version as the trial version. All you needed was a serial number that came with the DVD. What is the exact message you are receiving? If it is talking about the Lightroom Mobile being expired, that is normal because Lightroom M obile is not part of Lightroom 6. You can turn off that message by clicking on the identity plate and pausing Lightroom Mobile. Then that message will not appear anymore if that is the message you are seeing.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 will not load
            johnf72777043 Level 1

Thanks.

Yes the message is "lightroom mobile trial expired", but I can't get rid of it. I am unable to access a working version of LR

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 will not load
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The message that Lightroom Mobile has expired is there because Lightroom 6 includes a 30 day trial version of Lightroom Mobile. Lightroom Mobile is an application that can be installed on your iOS or android device so that you can work with your images when you are away from your computer. It doesn't mean that your Lightroom 6 has expired. It means that your 30 day trial of the mobile application has expired and you can no longer use it. But it has no effect on Lightroom on your computer. If you click on the identity plate in the upper left-hand corner of your Lightroom screen, you can pause Lightroom Mobile. After you have done that you should no longer get that message. The fact that you are now getting that message indicates that you have installed Lightroom 6. After you pause Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom 6 will function as it should.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 will not load
                johnf72777043 Level 1

Thanks Jim, sorted!