• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide pagination Previous or next link based on remaining pages

Engaged ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I have a webapp list. I want to show or hide the previous and next pagination url based on the number of pages left and user clicks the pagination url:

Please this is my code:

<div class="pagination">

<div class="paginationtextblock"><a href="{{testimonialWinners.pagination.previousPageUrl}}">Previous</a></div>

<div class="paginationtextblock">Page {{testimonialWinners.pagination.currentPage}}</div>

<div class="paginationtextblock" style="hidden"><a href="{{testimonialWinners.pagination.nextPageUrl}}">Next</a></div>

</div>

</div>    

Thanks in anticipation

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Hi Stephen, thanks once again for the contribution. But after looking at your implementation code and what is returned through json. I carved my own solution, which I found straight found and doesn't require so much assign. See it below:

<div class="pagination">

{% if collectionname.pagination.previousPageUrl != null -%}

<div class="paginationtextblock"><a href="{{collectionname.pagination.PreviousPageUrl}}">Previous</a></div> 

{% endif -%}

<

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip: Have a look at the url as you paginate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam this is what I got from the url as I paginate: ?PageID=17992214&A=WebApp&CCID=29948&Page=4&Items=10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the pagination URLs we did on this website (still in development)
Contributor Picks

One method we chose to go with was simply placing "?A=WebApp&Page=2" at the end of the URL like so: /contributor-picks?A=WebApp&Page=2

Then with the following code:

{% assign pageURL = globals.get.id -%}<!--- get the current page ID -->

{% assign previousPageUrl = "" -%}

{% assign nextPageUrl = 2 -%}

{% if globals.get.Page > 1 -%}<!-- if &Page exists and is greater than 1, then we know we are on a pagination page. -->

{% assign previousPageUrl = globals.get.Page | minus: 1 -%}

{% assign nextPageUrl = globals.get.Page | plus: 1 -%}

{% endif -%}

Then once you have your variables, you can do things like:

{% if pagination.previousPageUrl != null -%}

<li><a href="{{ pageURL }}?A=WebApp&Page={{ previousPageUrl }}"><i class="material-icons">&#xE5C4;</i></a></li>

{% endif -%}

-- AND --

{% if pagination.nextPageUrl != null -%}

<li><a href="{{ pageURL }}?A=WebApp&Page={{ nextPageUrl }}"><i class="material-icons">&#xE5C8;</i></a></li>

{% endif -%}

This is one method we did. There are more. Hope this gives inspiration to find a solution for your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephen, I will test and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen, thanks once again for the contribution. But after looking at your implementation code and what is returned through json. I carved my own solution, which I found straight found and doesn't require so much assign. See it below:

<div class="pagination">

{% if collectionname.pagination.previousPageUrl != null -%}

<div class="paginationtextblock"><a href="{{collectionname.pagination.PreviousPageUrl}}">Previous</a></div> 

{% endif -%}

<div class="paginationtextblock">Page {{collectionname.pagination.currentPage}} of {{collectionname.pagination.numberOfPages}}</div>

{% if collectionname.pagination.nextPageUrl != null -%}

<div class="paginationtextblock"><a href="{{collectionname.pagination.nextPageUrl}}">Next</a></div>

{% endif -%} 

</div>

See it in action here: Schools in the Astymin schools support program

I think the last BC update presented more options for pagination which allows us to do more based on the json tags available. Thanks once again for inspiring me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines