2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 4:45 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom 5 trouble

vickygilson

Hi Everyone

I have recently moved all my images to an external hard drive to have my MAC cleaned out. I'm trying to now work on my last few sessions and when I go into LR, its showing "File Not Found" and the catalog date is no longer bright white as it is when I import from my SD card directly normally.

My question is: How can i get my images back to being able to edit them via LR? (I can see my images in LR via catalog in library, but)

I appreciate any help and I'm just crying over here :-(

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 trouble
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not a lot of details to go on. But if you moved your images without using Lightroom to do it then Lightroom no longer knows where those images are located. In the library module, you can right-click on one of your folders and choose to update the folder location. That will provide you with a dialog where you can show Lightroom where the images are now located. If all of your folders are contained within one master folder then you would only have to update the location of the master folder, and all of the subfolders will be updated automatically.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5 trouble
            dj_paige Level 9

If there are now question mark icons on your folders in the Lightroom Folder Panel, then you want to right cilck and select "Find Missing Folder" and point Lightroom to the new location of the folder. More details, and screen captures of the process at: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

1 person found this helpful