1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2016 10:30 PM by spsb84

License for a mug.

jordanjpa

Hi there,

I intend to create some mugs that will incorporate funny slogans and texts. I wish to include some images from adobe stock to add a little bit of flare to the mugs, but as the core value of the mug will come from the text, do I still need an extended license?

As I see on the licensing page it says an extended license is only needed for a product that is a derivative of the image, and as the mug will not reap its core value from the image, is it still a neccessity to include an extended license?

I can't see my mugs selling particularly many copies of each variant so paying £39.99 per image I use in design just seems a little off, as it is only for flare like I said.

Kind regards,

Jordan.

PS Please don't link me to the license page, I've already read that! x

• 1. Re: License for a mug.
          spsb84 Adobe Employee

Hi Jordan,

Since there would be a financial gain involved, we would suggest you to move towards an extended license only.

We understand that, Adobe Stock image would just add to the flare of your commodity but, its usage and distributions to outside world would need an extended license.

I am sorry to link you to Adobe Stock License terms but, there are few key attributes involved that would impart clarity.

Reference: Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock

Thanks for considering Adobe Stock images to be part of your commodity.

Rg,

Simar